28 Sept 2011

Tanika Ray Hairstyle

TV personality Tanika Ray's star is shining brighter than ever. This summer, the former Extra! star joined HGTV as host of their interior design competition show, "Design Star" -- and as addictive as it is, we couldn't help but be a tad distracted by her lush natural curls!
Here, we chatted with the gorgeous Spelman alum about design, HGTV and her natural hair journey.






ESSENCE.COM: Why were you the perfect host for Design Star?

TANIKA RAY: I'm a total design freak! It started in college -- I couldn't just move in my clothes and have bare walls. I had to freak my space! Your space is your sanctuary. It should reflect who you are 100 percent.

ESSENCE.COM: Your new show, "HGTV'd," debuts in September! What's it about?

TR: On this show, randomly picked fans get to have their homes redecorated by one of HGTV's design stars! It's been such a blast feeding off the their years of experience. It validates my own amateur design skills!

ESSENCE.COM: And now, on to what's important... your hair! We're huge fans! How long have you been natural?


TR: For about ten years! I got fed up with my hair and chopped it all off. When it grew out, I was like "Look at those curls... cool!" And I never looked back!

From Source-essence.

No comments:

Post a Comment